Sunday, April 6, 2008

The most awesome of responsibilities...


Today, our littlest was dedicated to the Lord during the church service. To some, a baby dedication is just something that you do. Kind of like baptizing a baby...it's just something that you dress the baby up for, go to church, do it to fulfill some sort of obligation, and then go out to eat at a fancy restaurant.

For our family, our baby's dedication goes alot deeper. For us it means that this baby is a gift from God, given to us on loan...and the dedication ceremony is giving her BACK to God and promising Him that we will do everything in our power to raise her the way that God would want us to raise her. And with that promise comes HUGE responsibility. Today, we promised that we would pray with her, read Bible stories to her, and teach her about Jesus Christ. And hoping through all of this that one day, she would accept Christ as her own Lord and Savior. What a huge responsibility!

Honestly, I just don't know how anyone raises a child without the help from the Lord! It's hard! One of my big issues is that I didn't grow up in a Christian home, so I have no model to go on...I'm sort of just flying without a flight plan, so to speak.

Lord, this little girl is all Yours. I will raise her the best I can and teach her to walk in Your ways. But I am going to need Your help. Alot of it! Amen.

No comments: