Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I'm am proof that mothering kills brain cells!


I knew it and I am proof. Scientists need to use me as a case study.

Now that I am a mother of three, I have very few brain cells left.

Here is proof...I signed and addressed and stuffed 40 envelopes with birth announcements in them. And I have misplaced them. No, I didn't mail them. They have vanished. I put them down someplace so that I wouldn't lose them....and I lost them.

Yesterday I wanted to give the baby a bath, so I got her little tub and towel ready on the counter. I ran the water to warm it up. I ran it some more because it was still cold. After about 3 minutes of running the water and it still wasn't warm, I asked my husband what could be wrong. He asked me, "Did you try using the HOT water knob?" Sure enough, I was trying to get hot water to run from the wrong knob. I'm 32 years old, have been using hot/cold water since I could walk....and I somehow forget that the hot water comes out of a totally different knob.

Remember that commercial with the egg frying in the pan, and the announcer says "This is drugs. This is your brain on drugs. Any questions?" Please insert the word "breastfeeding" where the word drugs is. It's THAT bad.

No comments: