Sunday, March 30, 2008

Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream.....

We have entered into our days of sleepless nights, groggy mornings, and VERY LARGE cups of coffee. A baby has a way of changing everything.

She didn't sleep well the first night that she was home...and neither did anyone else. As a matter of fact, we were all pretty much going on having mere minutes of real sleep interspersed with nursing, napping, and diapers.

My husband brought me the baby in the middle of the night, having changed her diaper for the millionth time, and praying that I could offer the babe some comfort for her pitifully empty tummy. I was so tired by this point that I was starting to hallucinate. As he brought her over to me, I saw her little tiny cap fall off her little head, and thought that her WHOLE HEAD had fallen off and landed on the floor. My response was to start crying "Where is it?!?!?!" and start frantically searching the floor for her decapitated head.

Oy. I really need a nap. Immediately.

No comments: