Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It's a girl!!!!!


It's been a while since I have posted, that is because I have been in the hospital witnessing one of God's greatest miracles.

The morning of the 17th, I went into the hospital to have a c-section. After we first checked in and were heading down the hall to our room, we spotted a familiar face. It was our pastor! I had mentioned to him the day before at church that we would be having the surgery, but had never dreamed that he would actually be there! It was wonderful....I don't think that I can ever put into words just how comforting and how well loved I felt at having him show up for the arrival of our newest addition.

When the time came for our surgery to begin, and the op nurse came to take me down to pre-op, the pastor stopped everything and asked for prayer. At that moment, God's peace came over my jittery self, and I knew that I was indeed, in His Hands. We picked up several other people that were going to be receiving other types of surgery that morning, and headed to the elevator. Further conformation that I was in the Father's Hands came right after the pre-op nurse hit the call button for the elevator.

My water broke.

Yep. I knew right then that my baby was going to be born, one way or the other in the next few hours. Someone ran to get a wheelchair, as water pooled into my shoes. My cute little brown shoes with the little bows on the top, are now ruined, by the way. Small price to pay for the little miracle that I now hold in my arms.

The surgery went well. I caught a small glance of my little angel over the curtain that separated my head from my abdomen, and then one tiny stroke of her cheek before she was whisked away to the nursery. 3 hours of recovery later, I was holding her in my arms.

And I cried. So tiny, so perfect. I got a glimpse of the face God that morning.....His purpose and the meaning of His unconditional love for me, made completely clear.

1 comment:

Anna said...

♥ Lovely!!! ♥♥♥