Sunday, January 17, 2010

January 16, 1999


Even after 11 years, that day remains the happiest day of my life.

I'm not going to lie and say that every single day has been easy. There have been times when I've wanted to just throw in the towel. We have struggled and we have endured. We've seen the "for better and for worse", the "for rich and for poor", the "in sickness and in health", and have not been immune to the "good times and bad times."

But I have seen what has happened in the past 11 years something that no one else can see....not only did God grant me the desires of my heart on that icy January afternoon, but I was granted the one person in this world that would cause me to grow the most. I was given my best friend, to walk arm in arm with, side by side, as long as we both should live. And I love him more than he will ever know.

3 comments:

cajunsis said...

Sweet post :-)

Just Me said...

My best friend and I celebrate our 11th anniversary this year as well. Congrats and may you have 11 more...and 11 more after that... and 11 more after that :)

Hilary said...

Beautiful, in many ways. :-)

Hilary