Sunday, May 17, 2009

Happy Mother's Day.....late, but extremly blogworthy.


Yes, I know it's a week late. But I had to post this because of it's amazing significance.

It was Mother's Day, and I received the greatest of all gifts...no, it wasn't diamonds or pearls. It wasn't a fancy car, or even a dozen roses. No, one of my most treasured items that now hangs on my mirror above my dresser was a simple handmade card.

The Middle Apple had worked on it in secret, asking the Big Apple for help with the spelling. She handed me her card that morning, with a huge smile on her sweet face. I made a big deal about reading the front, how nice and neat all of her printed letters were, the shape she had cut the edges,....the perfect punctuation at the end of the sentence.

And then I opened the card and looked inside. And this is what I saw.....
The Middle Apple explained to me, "It's Jesus dying on the cross for you. It was the best gift I could think of."

Sometimes I struggle as a mom/teacher with feelings that whatever I am teaching them isn't sinking in at all. Are they absorbing anything that I am trying to pour out on them?

Apparently, I'm doing something right. And what's really important is absorbing afterall.

No comments: