Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting!

Today is a very big day, and a very proud day to be an American. It's Election Day!

I have always thought that Election Day is a very important day, and should be treated as such.

So today, in honor of our proud day, The Kids and I dressed up in some of our finest. We were all dress in the nicest red, white, and blue clothing that we could find. I even managed to get up early, put on makeup and fix my hair. The girls all wore very nice hair ribbons in red, white, and blue as well. I wanted them to feel just how important today was.

We went to the polls before we did anything else. Before driving to school, before playing, etc. When we arrived at the fire hall, which is only about 500 yards from my house, we got out of the car with much fanfare and excitement. The girls had many questions about what it was going to be like inside, what kinds of things that we would do, and what voting is in general. It took quite some time to get through their questions, so we just went in so that I could teach them by example.

We went in, no fuss, no muss, and filled out our voting sheet with little neat bubbles on it. The oldest remarked that it was much like taking a test and that we don't know any of the answers. I told her that you know which bubble to fill in if you did all your homework and knew who you wanted to cast your vote for. I let them feed my ballot into the machine.

My favorite part of the experience? The Middle proclaiming to the entire room that she wasn't old enough to be President yet, (we had discussed at home that you need to be at least 35 years old and that since I am only 33 that even I can't be President!) but when turns 35, to look for her name on that voter paper.

She already has MY vote!

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Haha! I'll vote for her too. :-) I remember wanting to be president too when I was about that age.

Hilary

Pink Princess said...

AND mine too, lol.

OH and if ever you need my help for your furniture, I am free! It won't cost you one penny, just airfare and a place to sleep and eat, lol
That's all, I am cheap :)