Friday, November 14, 2008

Sometimes, you just gotta get your hands dirty....


Or your feet. Or your belly. Or behind your ears. Or... well.... whatever part of your body isn't dirty yet.


"Go out and play in the mud," I told my kids after we had arrived home from school today. It has been that kind of week. The kind of week where you just need to shed everything that just happened from Monday thru Friday, and do something wreckless and immature.
They looked at me like I had lobsters growing out of my ears.

The Oldest scratches her head and cocks her head to one side, processing what I had just said. "You want us to do what?"
"You heard me, put on some play clothes, your crocs, and skiddaddle!"

Chaos. Pandimonium. That is what happened next as they scrambled to find appropriate attire to wear. And then they were gone.
I managed to capture a few shots until they discovered that frisbees held a goodly amount of muddy water and proceeded to dump it on themselves, and eventually one another. And eventually me. Ah well. If you can't beat em', join em'!

They are now taking a warm bath and sipping hot cocoa with marshmellows. I plan on hanging out in my bathrobe the rest of the evening. Yes, I am glad that it's Friday.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jess said...

AWEsome photos!!
I love the action shots.
How fun!

nlamarre said...

Great photos!