Thursday, September 30, 2010

It's that time again.....

Just when I begin to feel at home somewhere, set down my roots, find good friends, and really start to sit back and enjoy my surroundings......

This comes.
The List.

And somehow, my husband and I are supposed to look at and prioritize this list of locations, and fill out a dream sheet. Yeah, this is how the Coast Guard helps you feel like you are in control of your own destiny....by letting you choose from a list and selecting where you want to go...when in actually, it's the Coast Guard that has the final say so. We HAVE TO go where they tell us to.

It seems so surreal.....3 little sheets of paper representing an entire uprooting of a family, packing up of boxes, and relocating to an entirely different part of the country. It's so difficult to look at a couple of sheets of paper, and know absolutely nothing about a place...you don't know anything about the people, the churches, the climate, the shopping, the homeschool groups, or what the future holds for you....yet you have to look at this list and go "Uh....yeah....that place looks good. Lets go there!"

If history repeats itself, we won't get most of these locations on this list. During our last transfer, none of our picks were a match for the detailer, so the detailer issued us a secondary list, and we put this place at the very bottom. Louisiana was the last place on earth that we wanted to go. Yet we ended up here anyhow. It's a good thing that God was looking out for our best interest and He knew exactly where to send us....otherwise, we would have ended up....well, anywhere but here!

I wish we could just fast forward to God's selection and just know where we were going.

Maybe if I post the list on a dart board and throw darts at it.....

2 comments:

cajunsis said...

I didn't know you had gotten the 'dream sheet'. I am so sorry. I hope you find a place you love. I know it must be difficult to make that decision. When are you supposed to leave? I will keep you in my prayers. Good luck.

Jensamom23 said...

That must be so difficult for you all. I will keep you in my prayers.